The INCB held its postponed 128th session from 31 August to 4 September 2020. Postponed from May 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was held in a hybrid format to enable Members to participate virtually from around the world. A more comprehensive summary of the proceedings can be found on the INCB website.
The Board renewed the mandate of its President, Cornelis P. de Joncheere, and elected a new Bureau for a one-year term.
The Board also worked on the preparation of its annual report for 2020, which will include a thematic chapter on drug use among older persons. INCB received written submissions from civil society organisations that were collected by the VNGOC in August and these formed part of the considerations. The following written statements were submitted to INCB:
- Centre for Muslim Youth In Peace And Development Ghana
- Drug Free Australia
- Europe for Action on Drugs (EURAD)
- Harm Reduction International (HRI)
- International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC)
- Karim Khan Afridi Welfare Foundation (KKAWF)
- Smart Solutions Integration Agency
- The Association for Farmers Rights Defense (AFRD)
- Womens Federation for World Peace International