Asia-Pacific Civil Society Common Position on Drugs: Online Consultation
Vienna, July 28th 2021. The VNGOC Asia-Pacific ad-hoc working group held an online regional consultation meeting to discuss the first draft of the Asia-Pacific Civil Society Common Position on Drugs, which seeks to incorporate the perspectives and guide the work of a wide range of NGOs from across Asia-Pacific, to help shape and guide civil society and governmental responses over the coming years.
The online meeting gathered some 60 civil society representatives from across the region to discuss the first draft of the consensus document. After a presentation by the working group members on the work done so far and the content of the common position, participants had the opportunity to give feedback via SLIDO questions and make oral interventions.
As a next step Civil Society Organisations from the Asia-Pacific region are now invited to continue to provide feedback, input and suggestions on this first draft until 15th September 2021. This can be done through the following channels:
- Give your feedback through the online form: https://forms.office.com/r/hmknerUNak
- Make “track-changes” in the word document and send it back to Augusto Nogueira (augustonogueira[@]artmmacau.com), Penny Hill (phill[@]vngoc.org), or Sarah Pirker (spirker[@]vngoc.org) or to info[@]vngoc.org
- Send us your feedback or questions directly via email: augustonogueira[@]artmmacau.com, phill[@]vngoc.org, spirker[@]vngoc.org or info[@]vngoc.org
After consolidating all collected feedback a second draft will be shared towards the end of September or early October and if needed another regional consultation meeting will be held to further discuss the common position. We plan to have a final draft of the consensus paper ready for sign-up by the end of the year so it can be presented at the 65th meeting of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs in March 2021.
- Asia-Pacific Civil Society Common Position on Drugs: First Draft (MS Word Document)
- Regional Consultation meeting: PowerPoint Presentation
- Regional Consultation meeting: Recording