- This event has passed.
Side event: The central role of civil society in drug policies, COVID-19 and achieving the 2030 Agenda
January 31 @ 8:30 am – 9:45 am New York
The VNGOC together with NYNGOC and the UNODC Civil Society Unit is organizing an online side event in the margins of the 2023 ECOSOC Partnership Forum on 31 January 2023 at 8.30AM New York time (EST). The event is titled: The central role of civil society in drug policies, COVID-19 and achieving the 2030 Agenda
Objectives: Organised by the two leading drug policy umbrella organisations for non-governmental organisations (NGOs) – the New York & Vienna NGO Committees on Drugs – this side event will highlight the important role of civil society in delivering services for people who use drugs and ensuring the implementation of international joint drug policy commitments, even in difficult circumstances. Looking at best practice examples from across the world, this event will draw attention to the need for strong partnerships between civil society, member states and international organizations.
- Mirella Dummar-Frahi, Chief, UNODC Civil Society Unit
- Jamie Bridge, Chair, Vienna NGO Committee on Drugs
- Stacey Doorly-Jones, STAND (Social Transformation Action Defined), South Africa
- Ernesto Cortés Amador, Costa Rican Association Drug Studies and Interventions (ACEID)
- Anthony Abi Zeid, Mentor Arabia
- Chinenye Nwadike-Fasugba, Center for Innovative and Pragmatic Development Initiative Nigeria (DIPDI)
- Nazlee Maghsoudi, Chair, New York NGO Committee on Drugs
Vienna NGO Committee on Drugs